In this episode I spoke with philosopher Peter Sjostedt-H about the work of Fredrich Nietzsche. Peter tells us why the great German philosopher Fredrick Nietzsche is still relevant to our own era.
Peter and I discuss he following topics including:
- Why Fredrich Nietzsche is considered one of the precursors to modern psychology
- Why Nietzsche’s writings are often thought of as prophetic
- The implications of Nietzsche’s ideas for our contemporary age (particularly in the Patreon Bonus section where we get more into politics)
- Philosophy of Mind
- How psychedelics have influenced Peter’s perspective as a philosopher of mind
Peter Sjöstedt-H is an Anglo-Scandinavian philosopher of mind and a metaphysician who specialises in the thought of Whitehead, Nietzsche and Schopenhauer, with special regard to panpsychism and altered states of sentience. Peter received a Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy and a Master’s degree in Continental Philosophy from the University of Warwick, where he was awarded a first-class distinction for his dissertation on Kant and Schelling in relation to ‘intellectual intuition’.
He subsequently became a Philosophy Lecturer in London for six years but is now engaged in his PhD at Exeter University where he also teaches philosophy modules and writing skills. Peter is the author of Noumenautics and an inspiration behind the inhuman philosopher Marvel Superhero, Karnak.
In the words of futurist, philosopher and pop star Alexander Bard: ‘One of our favourite contemporary philosophers, Peter Sjöstedt-H…think a psychedelic Nietzsche’.
Personal Website for Peter Sjostedt-H
Please help to make Hacking the Self a sustainable project by:
- Making a donation at https://www.patreon.com/hackingtheself
You can also help us to get the word out by:
- Sharing this interview with friends and on your social media platforms
- Writing a review for the podcast on iTunes, Sticher or the Google Music Store
I almost never create responses, but I browsed some remarks
on this page #027: What Fredrich Nietzsche Can Teach Us about Today with Peter Sjostedt-H
– Hacking The Self. I do have 2 questions for you if it’s allright.
Is it just me or do some of the responses look like they are
coming from brain dead visitors? 😛 And, if you are posting at other sites, I’d
like to follow you. Would you make a list of every one of all your social sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook
page or twitter feed? http://www.griffithzone.com/UserProfile/tabid/61/userId/25362384/Default.aspx
Hi you can follow me on social media. Those linkes are available on the top of the webpage.