Common themes explored on the Hacking the Self podcast and blog include:
Contemplative Practices (yoga, meditation)
Consciousness Hacking technologies
Moral Psychology & Philosophy
Religious Studies, esp:
Philosophy of Religion
Psychology of Religion
Religion, Ethics and Politics
The common thread uniting these various interests together is a desire to understand The Self, or “atman,” a concept in Indian metaphysics that’s often translated as “consciousness” or “soul.” However, in the Indian world view mind and body are inseparable. I’m mainly interested in holistic approaches to understanding ourselves.
These conversations sometimes dive into the esoteric, but they also aspire to be pragmatic and to help people to understand themselves in relation to others. I love to learn and to share what I’ve learned with other people. I sincerely hope that you find at least some benefit in what you find on this blog and the podcast.
Don’t Miss a Podcast
- #34: A Tantric Approach to Meditation with Sally Kempton
- #33: Tantra Yoga with Mark Shveima
- #32: The Life of Yogananda with Philip Goldberg
- #31: The Unexplainable Importance of Yoga with J Brown
- #30: Spiritual Evolution from an Indigenous Reality with Mary Porter
- #029: Mindfulness in Recovering from Addiction with Mindfulness Teacher Paul Garrigan
- Yoga, Jung and the Journey through the Self — Why Do I Practice Yoga?